About Game Night
Our ‘Game Night’ sessions run 1830-2000 every Friday evening at The Branksome Centre (weather permitting!) over Spring and Summer. These sessions are FREE!
These sessions are open to any of our members in ‘Seniors’ and ‘U17s’, aswell as any adult pre-registered player. We run ‘Game Night’ sessions ‘scrimmage’ style meaning the game starts 1845 with whichever 10 people we have on court first. Ideally we play one long game with subs coming on every 5 minutes. Simply turn up any time from 1830 and you will get to play on one of the teams; Lights or Darks. Players must wear/bring a dark coloured top and wear/bring a light coloured top as until you are there, you won’t know what team you will be on.
These are totally non-coached sessions; these are purely for fun and include some really good level players. Therefore have this in mind if you are planning to come along!
Check out our Game Night structure below:
- ‘Emphasis on fun, showing off a few moves, yet competitive and selfless play
- 5 x 5 standard rules (8 seconds over midcourt, approx 24 secs to shoot, free throws etc) but running clock
- 2 points for outside arc, 1 point for inside, 1 point per foul shot
- Subs every 5 mins
- Call your own fouls. If a decision is not made within 5 seconds, it is a jump-ball
- No full-court-press; defence must start when offense is past their half-court
- Coach Tee, Darren and John are players not coaches on the night
- Limited/zero swearing; minors on court!
- Limited trash talk; the premise of these sessions is to encourage not intimidate!
Check out some of our recent ‘Game Night’ sessions:
The latest highlights from our Junior sessions.
Our Latest Posts
Check out our latest Instagram posts.