About Game Night
Our ‘Game Night’ sessions run 1700-1830 every Saturday evening indoors at The Bourne Academy from early September to end of June. These sessions are just £5!
These sessions are open to any teenager club member and any adult pre-registered player of reasonable ability. No need to book – just turn up and play!
We run ‘Game Night’ sessions ‘scrimmage’ style meaning there is normally no referee; you call your own fouls and violations (travelling, double-dribbling etc). These are also totally non-coached sessions; they are purely for fun and include some really good level players be it teenager or adult. Therefore have this in mind if you are planning to come along!
Check out our Game Night structure below:
- Every player under 16 years old will need to sign-in with the session host before they can play, for Safeguarding reasons
- Emphasis is on fun, showing off a few moves, yet competitive and selfless play
- 5 x 5 standard rules (8 seconds over midcourt, approx 24 secs to shoot etc)
- 2 points for outside arc, 1 point for inside.
- No foul shots from the line; its a side-line inbound pass only
- Subs or new teams every 4 mins max so everyone gets a good amount of court time
- Call your own fouls. If a decision is not made within 5 seconds, it’s a jump-ball
- The Piranha coaches are players not coaches on the night
- Limited/zero swearing; minors on court!
- Limited trash talk; the premise of these sessions is to encourage not intimidate!