Created: 17th August, 2021
Further to my email recently, as some of you know, the Bourne Academy is shut over bank holiday weekend. So on 29th August we will be at the Branksome Centre, running a series of mini tournaments, outdoors and/or indoors as the weather dictates.
The general theme is small sided competitions, ideally 3×3, depending on numbers on the day. No drills – just a quick warm up and we are go! Once players arrive on site, they will be given a team name. Teams will play a series of short games against other teams, accumulating wins and points as they go. Again depending on numbers on the day, this will either result in a clear winning team or group stage winners that play a finals game! The coaches have worked hard on the planning to ensure that players get maximum court time – minutes and/or games played – however many players come for the tourney.
We also have the benefit of using the lounge area all day – 0900-1645. This means players can hang here whilst awaiting the call for their games. Due to the smaller size of Branksome’s indoor court, parents may stay onsite too in the lounge area, space permitting, as there is very little viewing space available into the court. If weather is good, as we hope it will be, we will look to play outdoors instead where space is not an issue at all. Basically, we have covered all eventualities as best as possible in terms of working round player numbers and weather factors.
Please note the different times for this event than you are used to at regular Sunday training!
- 0830-0930: Kinder Black
- 0930-1030: Nippers Black
- 1300-1400: Juniors Black
- 1400-1500: Kinder Orange
- 1500-1600: Nippers Orange
- 1600-1700: Juniors Orange
- 1700-1800/1830: Seniors Black + U12s + U14s (includes optional 30mins 1v1 comp)
- 1830-1930/2000: Seniors Orange + U17s (includes optional 30mins dunk / 1v1 comp)
The Branksome Centre, Recreation Road, BH12 2BQ
Useful and important information:
- Parking is available on the roadside and in the nearby car park for free. Do NOT park inside the centre grounds.
- There is no need to book anything, just try to be onsite within a few minutes of the session start time.
- There is no additional fee for this event. All club members who are up to date with August subs may join in.
- After much consideration, there will be no prizes sadly due to the adverse affect we saw over time that the ‘Piranha Banana’ had on the younger players especially. The glory of winning itself is the prize on this occasion.
- Wearing Piranhas kit is optional as always.
- A full list of players per group is available here:
We are really looking forward to this event to see how all the player’s hard work is paying off over the last few months.
Any questions, please let me know.